Journey of this Australian Girl, Turned World Traveller

 I’m on a journey. Sometimes life gets hectic. 


I am a big believer in the importance of “coming apart to rest a while”. So what did I decide to do? Quit my part-time job, jump on a plane and travel around the world! Why such a radical step? I need time out. I need to step back and refocus. To remember where I am going and what’s the best way to get there. A few things I hope to accomplish as I observe the environment around me, reflect on all things life and make new friends and experiences:

1. Appreciate myself and what I have to offer.
I have recently been reading through Jay Shetty’s “8 Rules of Love”. He shares that, “We prepare to love by learning how to love ourselves in in solitude. Alone, we learn to understand ourselves, to heal our own pain, and to care for ourselves.” Learning to love and have genuine care and concern for those around us, has to start with being able to give that to ourselves. We can’t give what we don’t already have. 

We are told in 1 Timothy 1:5, that “the end of the commandment is charity (love) out of a pure heart”. It is important to me to learn how to love my fellow humans well. For love to come naturally and out of a pure heart. As I seek God more and His commandments and as I look into the mirror of my own life, I want to see an open heart that can love well and not have to be focus on holding my own pain and hurt.

2. Re-evaluate my values and the standards that I choose to live by.
I’ve found that the busier life gets the more we move to survival mode. We make decisions that don’t reflect our values, we just get by. I’ve noticed things that I have once held as important, as insignificant now. Sometimes that is for good, sometimes not. But I choose to have intentional check in's to see “how things really are”. To be real and understanding with my journey, to not just go along with the influences and habits I’m forming out of distraction from my life goals and Kingdom focus.

3. Understand where I fit into the business I am involved in building.
Another aspect that is really important to me is the future I am choosing. One of my friends always reminds me that we don’t have to let our past define us. An aspect of my future that I am working towards is running a business that allows me to have the autonomy to choose who I am impacting and helping and to manage my time so I can prioritise those things that are most important to me—God, friendships, and service. 

This is not an easy feat. In the last year and a bit of co-starting a business it has taught me that a solid awareness of who you are and what you are capable to contribute, is foundational. As a 24 year old, even with a variety of life experiences, being confident of these key understandings of myself are limited. So here is to more time of intentionally understanding what to pursue and how I can make the most impact.

Welcome to the journey, as this Australian girl travels around Europe, and thinks out loud around all topics: God, personal growth and business.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Learning

Learning to Understand "Waiting Well"